Sunday, 7 August 2011

Some of my Original Artwork

I have a confession, I am a horder, I like to record every memory with a souvenirs. For example right now I am still carrying around cinema tickets in my purse from months ago. I love scrap booking too and building albums of experiences not just photos. I think this need or want to collect mostly comes from college, we were always taught that inspiration can be found in everything and that we should explore and record everything we do in case we found it a route for art exploration. I think I also get this need to collect from my mum, she keeps everything and is a keen crafter too when she has some spare time.


So anyway, I recently went home to my mum and dads house and had a dig around in my old room, as I often do. Every time I go back to my parents house I end up coming home with twice as much as I went with as I gradually bring more and more keeps sakes and what not back. With each trip I sneak back more and more of my girly treasures making mine and my boyfriends flat a little palace full of pretty girly-ness, too bad for my boyfriend. On this particular trip I was on a mission to photograph some of my work I have given to my parents over the years. It was at this point that I found myself shuffling under my bed sliding boxes out of my way and trying to avoid the dust, finally I found my portfolio. 


So to get to the point, here is some of my old artwork from college and some projects of my own. So let me share it with you and let me know what you think.













P.S. Don't forget Raspberry Iguana's Etsy store launched and now there are 5 more designs to choose from. Check it out  http://www.etsy.com/people/RaspberryIguana?ref=ls_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment