I know I am a week late but better late than never. I've been thinking for about a week now how I find not just London Fashion week but all Fashion weeks I find quite strange.
I have always considered myself a summer baby, I was born in summer but I still find it my favourite time of the year and not just because of my birthday. However this year I find myself looking forward to winter. I can't wait for those crisp morning chills, duvet days, hot chocolates and stodgy food like stews and roasts. Maybe it is just because summer has been a little bit of a let down in England or maybe I am just loving the winter wear I am seeing about the high-street. I work in retail and I swear I have already picked out a new winter coat for everyday of the week, unfortunately my wardrobe isn't big enough.
So you probably are asking yourselves where I am going with this? I think it is so strange that in autumn/winter you buy your spring/summer wardrobe and in spring/summer you buy your winter wardrobe??? Am I the only one?
I can not imagine buying the latest trends in boots, coats and scarfs whilst wearing shorts and sandals. How do you know you will still like that outfit all those months later or still fit in it? Also in summer just looking at a jumper makes me feel all hot and bothered. This works the other way around too, As I said earlier I want to snuggle in big cosy jumpers and thick woollen stockings not be thinking about buying a new summer dress to wear on my summer holiday with destination unknown.
To be honest though what it really boils down to is I am an impulse buyer, I always have been and I love new clothes. I can't wait to wear something new, as soon as I buy it I will have my outfit planned for the next day.
So what do you guys think? Do you have to wear new things as soon as you get them or would you be happy to wait for months? Do you pay attention to Fashion Weeks or just let it pass you by? Are you looking forward to winter or are you sad the summer is coming to an end?
Please share your thoughts, lets get a discussion going.
With Love
Raspberry Iguana X
No comments:
Post a Comment