Hello fellow bloggers, I hope you find yourselves well this gloomy November morning. Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay between blogs but I have been on holiday! I went away to Zambia and Kenya for two and a half amazing weeks but I am saving that for another blog, although my return is very much related to this post.
I find that after being away on holiday it re-establishes your own ideals of life and gives you a greater understanding of how you want to prioritise your responsibilities or your factors of life. I wish I could say I was going somewhere deep and meaningful with this but instead I put the a question to you, how many ways can you re-arrenge a studio flat? Well apparently a couple.
I found myself this gloomy November morning on my day off from my full-time job, the day I am meant to be doing my Raspberry Iguana job, getting 100% distracted in re-arranging the studio flat that I occupy with my boyfriend.
It all started Friday night, or correction the day we moved into our furnished flat and discovered that we have possibly the most uncomfortable sofa in the world. We had talked about buying a sofa and asking the landlord to remove the leather covered wooden box on which we are meant to sit, but decided that then we would be stuck with a sofa bought for the purpose of a 12 month lease. So on Friday we wanted to stay in and watch a couple of films but had had enough of bits of the sofa digging in to our bruised bodies. So I thought it would be fun to move the mattress onto the living room floor and camp out for a movie night, as it happens the mattress didn't make it back to it's base all weekend, until I suggested maybe we could switch around the two "rooms" or spaces as I now prefer to call them. So at 8.30am this morning the boyfriend went off to uni and left me in charge of sorting out the flat. It didn't take long for the flat to end up like one of those puzzles where you have to slide one piece to be able to move another and finally make a picture, it was at this point I considered giving up but decided it was the point of no return. So as I ploughed through stuff, just loads of stuff and dust, (we had been away for 2 and a half weeks why was there dust?) I was thinking about how the flat is a space and how as tenants it is about adjusting that space to fit you, your life style and your priorities. I was thinking about how as a tenant you can't decorate but it is important to make the flat feel like it is your own home and there needs to be a way to put your stamp on it. I looked over at the wooden box and the desk in the old "bedroom" and thought that it is good to have a designated working space free from distractions.
After 4 hours, yes 4 hours, lots of huffing and puffing, feeling rather frazzled and in need of a very strong coffee I stood back to look at my achievement and simply said to myself, "Who am I kidding, I have just re-arranged the whole flat to make TV viewing easier and more comfortable." Not quite what I thinking as now I feel that TV viewing has been put to the top of the life priority list but I shall await the boyfriends verdict anyway.
I will also upload pictures later so I can hear your verdict too.
With Love
Raspberry Iguana X
No comments:
Post a Comment